Apple Cinnamon Breakfast Quinoa
contributed by Lee of Fit Foodie Finds
This gluten-free recipe is perfect for breakfast in fall and winter. The cinnamon brings out the sweetness in the apple and, unlike the texture of creamy oatmeal, each bite has a snappy little crunch to it.
- ¼ cup dry Alter Eco Quinoa
- ¼ cup Clover Milk (soy or almond milk is okay)
- ¼ cup Water
- ¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 packet Pyure Organic Stevia
- 2 tbsp. raisins
- 1 tbps. chia seeds
- 1 medium apple, finely chopped
- In a small saucepan, bring quinoa, milk, and water to a boil.
- Reduce heat and cover.
- Simmer on low heat for about 5 minutes.
- Add cinnamon, stevia, raisins, apple, and chia seeds.
- Continue cooking on low heat until all liquid is absorbed. Total cook time ranges between 8 and 12 minutes.
This recipe originally appeared in Fit Foodie Finds and is reprinted with permission of the Lee, the author. The brand of certain ingredient are suggested based on current availability of printable grocery coupons on www.CommonKindness.com.