Velvet Fudge Brownies
Less cakey than traditional brownies, these little chocolate bombs are so dense and rich, you won’t mind cutting them into 2-inch squares. Perfect for the true chocolate lover, these Velvet Fudge Brownies are a signature party favorite.
- 8 tbsp. Clover Stornetta butter
- 2 bars Alter Eco Velvet Chocolate
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ cup Alter Eco Golden Brown, Unrefined Mascobado Ground Cane Sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350°f.
- Butter an 8”×8″ baking dish liberally.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, and salt until combined and set aside.
- Melt the butter and chocolate in a medium sized nonmetal mixing bowl in the microwave or stainless steel mixing bowl over boiling water (creating a double-boiler). Do not let mixture overheat.
- Remove the chocolate from the microwave or stove and let cool slightly.
- Mix in the sugar, eggs, and then vanilla and stir until well combined.
- Stir in walnuts.
- Fold in the flour mixture gently until just combined. Do not over-mix.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until outside edge develops a crust but center is not completely firm. A toothpick inserted in the center should come out with a few crumbs of chocolate.
- Carefully cut into 1½–2 inch squares.
- Remove from pan and serve at room temperature.