Kindness Boomerang Cookies
“Kindness, like a boomerang, always returns.”
Happy World Kindness Day
The boomerang is a great symbol for kindness. Like a boomerang, kindness doesn’t always come directly back to us, but it is usually the case that “what goes around, comes back around.”
Be sure to blend with liberal conversation about the importance of kindness for best results. Prep Time: 5 minutes. Cook Time: 20 minutes. Cool Time: 15 minutes.
- 1 ½ cups Clover Stornetta butter, softened
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar (plus a little more for dusting the tops)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla or almond flavoring
- 2 ¾ cups flour
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Beat butter and sugar fluffy.
- Beat in egg and flavoring.
- Mix flour in slowly.
- Fold in nuts.
- Have children (of any ages*) roll 2 tbsp. of mixture into logs on a surface dusted with powdered sugar.
- Bend to make boomerang shapes.
- Place on parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake 15-20 minutes until edges are lightly browned.
- Dust with powdered sugar.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Serve with thoughtfulness.