Please help Stamp Out Hunger this Saturday, May 11, 2013
Did you know?
- 1 in 6 Americans are facing hunger.
- More than 50 million people, including nearly 17 million children, are facing hunger.
- Nearly 6 million Americans are fed by food banks each week.
The National Association of Letter Carriers’ Stamp Out Hunger food drive—which is always held on the second Saturday in May—is the largest one-day food drive in America. Benefiting Feeding America—and now in its 21st year—the event provides relief to millions of Americans struggling to put food on the table.
YOU CAN HELP in Just 3 Easy Steps!
1. Purchase non-perishable food items.
Examples of appropriate food items include:
- Jars of peanut butter
- Canned fish
- Packaged dried fruits
- Boxes of cereal
2. Place food items into a bag and leave the bag at your mailbox on Saturday, May 11th.
Your local letter carrier will pick up your and deliver it to your local food bank
3. Spread the word.
Tell everyone you know to leave non-perishable food by their mail boxes, too.
Be sure to use this shopping list to help you shop and realize coupon savings so you save money on your Stamp Out Hunger food item purchases. When you go to http://www.CommonKindness.com, you can also designate your local food bank as the recipient of the funds your CommonKindness coupon redemptions generate.