No-Bake Thumbprint Cookies
These cookies are easy and fun to make, and the gem-like colors of the fruit preserves make them great for holiday celebrations. Use a variety of Mediterranean Organics Fruit Preserves to create a rainbow of colors and fruity flavors. Makes about 2 dozen.
- ¾ cup pitted dates
- 3 cups Country Choice Organic Old Fashioned Oats (aka quick oats)
- 1 ½ cup Woodstock Almond Butter
- ½ cup Woodstock Farms Shredded Coconut
- Zest and juice of 1 orange
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¾ cup Mediterranean Organics Preserves
- Place dates into a medium bowl, cover with hot water and set aside to let soak for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Reserve 1/2 cup of the soaking liquid, and then drain dates well.
- In a food processor, pulse oats until coarsely ground; transfer to a large bowl and set aside.
- Transfer dates and reserved 1/2 cup soaking liquid to food processor and purée until smooth.
- Add date mixture, almond butter, coconut, orange zest and juice, cinnamon and salt to bowl with oats and knead together to make a dough.
- Roll dough into 24 balls, transferring them to a parchment paper-lined sheet tray as done.
- Make an indentation in the middle of each cookie by pressing down with your thumb.
- Spoon a bit of fruit preserves into each indentation.
- Chill for at least one hour before serving.
The brands of ingredients are suggested based on the availability of printable grocery coupons on www.CommonKindness.com, the free grocery coupons website that enables you to save money and help others.